iPod Touch 2g 8GB jailbreak question!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Jamesta, Oct 18, 2010.

1. Jamesta macrumors member

Jamesta

hey guys im just wondering if there is any SAFE ways to jailbreak my friends ipod? he has the ipod touch 2g 8gb MC086C

2. gouda272 macrumors regular

http://www.greenpois0n.com/

i just did one .. i thought it failed, but it was just hanging there, actually reset it and started doing the jailbreak a second time, it hung up again, but i just left it alone then it finished and I was able to install Cydia.

3. Jamesta thread starter macrumors member

Jamesta

Didn't work :(

4. tw23 macrumors newbie

did u try the rc4 version. are u sure u used the newer version

5. Jamesta thread starter macrumors member

Jamesta

Yup i have the newest version

6. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Try it on a pc, I cant use greenpois0n to jailbreak an iphone or ipod on a mac, but i can on windows.

7. Jamesta thread starter macrumors member

Jamesta

i am running it on a pc already... Darn

8. Mr Slippy IV macrumors 6502

Mr Slippy IV

I don't think there is a way to jailbreak MC models.

9. Ace134blue macrumors 6502a

Ace134blue

Well, i redid my iphone 3gs and i cant get it to jailbreak in mac or windows ><

10. lilcosco08 macrumors 65816

lilcosco08

Also don't enable multitasking.
    It can't handle it

11. gunnersluver macrumors newbie

I have the same device I waited till the latest version of Greenpois0n was out yesterday and jailbroke it. Installed Cydia then while browsing Cydia the iPod like rebooted it took more than usual it showed the apple logo so I tried ignoring it but it happened again so I restored and jailbroke again installed Cydia then while doing stuff like opening eBuddy it just crashed again I had to wait like 3 mins for a reboot so I restored again without jailbreaking and the iPod was working just fine. I don't know if that has happened to anyone but the jailbreak from greenpois0n needs a proper update for the iPod 2G

12. BryanP macrumors member

BryanP

My greenp0ison RC4 jailbreak is working fine for the 2G 8GB MC model...

You just have to follow the directions exactly, but it will boot fine and allow you to use Cydia.

I did have a problem when I decided to restore the iPod and then re-jailbreaking where the Apple logo would restart over and over, but I fixed it by booting into DFU, restoring via iTunes, and then going through the greenp0ison method once again.

From this point I haven't experienced any crashes using iOS 4.1.

13. dcac macrumors newbie

http://www.greenpois0n.com/

i just did one .. i thought it failed, but it was just hanging there, actually reset it and started doing the jailbreak a second time, it hung up again, but i just left it alone then it finished and I was able to install Cydia.

That's pretty much what happened to me. Got the RC4 greenpois0n and I thought it hung up but after just leaving it be I was later able to install cydia. Just keep trying it.