iPod Touch 2g - Any ideas what will be added?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Janglo, May 7, 2008.

1. Janglo macrumors member

Hi,

I'm desperate to get an iPod touch, and I am pretty much set to go for the 32gb. But after reading this forum, I heard about a possible 2nd generation touch in September? Does anybody know what features it might include (I'm not fussed about a size increase) as I'm willing to wait if it's going to be a major upgrade.

Also, will the apps from the app store in June take up much space (Things like Super Monkey Ball, AIM Messenger etc.)

Thanks,

Jake

(I'm new here so sorry if any of my questions sound stupid or anything...)

2. AceFernalld macrumors 65816

AceFernalld

Bluetooth will most likely (IMO) be added to the iPod touch, classic, and nano. I doubt they'd add many more hardware features, except maybe a slight redesign to match what the iPhone 3G is going to look like. The June apps such as games and IM clients won't take up that much space, no more than 50MB (20 50MB's in 1GB) each, more like 25MB though for your average app.

Welcome to MacRumors
    All the best.
    ~Austin~

3. PMB macrumors 65816

PMB

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A93 Safari/419.3)

you are just going to hear opinions about June/September so if you wanna wait and see what's coming go for it if not you still won't regret it

Bluetooth won't happen