iPod touch 2G: Anyone from Malaysia?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by DIABLOW, Jun 17, 2009.

1. DIABLOW macrumors member

Hi guys anyone from malaysia in this forum?

How did you upgrade your ipod touch to 3.0? I did try a few times but I got a message "iTunes are not available in your country". So how did you upgrade to 3.0?

2. orpheus1120 macrumors 65816

orpheus1120

I was told by Apple Asia that 3.0 for ipod touch will not be released today for Asia yet. Probably later this week or early next week.

A simultaneous release of this OS with the rest of the world will crash its server. That's what they said.

3. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

WTF. Thats pretty lame on apples part. I am not getting the update for my touch in india. Gives me the same error. We are ready to pay apple. And still you want us to wait. Delaying the launch by a few hours or may be a day would have been somewhat acceptable. but waiting a week is ridiculous.

Someone please confirm me it wont be problem if I update using an US itunes account. I have not yet registered a credit card with that account and use it occasionally to download a apps using promo codes which work only in US account. If Apple does not provide the update by tonight and I also cant use the US account for it, then I guess i`ll simply use the free download from torrents as apple simply doesnt care for my 9.95 then why should I either.

4. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Well as expected the US iTunes account didnt accept my Indian credit card for making the payment.:(. If only they`d give me an exact date when it`ll be available here.