Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dmak02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
I have an iPod Touch 2g, and I recently sent in my laptop for service. I had a lot of paid applications and now my itunes is empty. Does my iTunes account hold all the data for which application I own? How would that work? Also, my iTunes say that I authorized two computers for use with my iTouch, but it's basically the same computer since the previous one was just my laptop prior to servicing.

DarkRyan323i

macrumors member
Mar 3, 2009
I believe all of the app data is stored on the iPod itself so you shouldn't lose any of that. Just click "Transfer Purchases" when you sync and it should put all the apps back in your iTunes. Not sure why it says you've authorized a second computer though.

Twe Foju

macrumors 6502
Dec 20, 2007
Jakarta
go to Store on the menu then go to view my account

and it will prompt you to enter your Acc and password

then you can check your purchase history on that page

Dmak02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
Thanks guys! Now I have a second question. If I bought the iPhone 3GS, how can I transfer my apps from my iTouch 2G to the iPhone 3GS?

JediMeister

macrumors 68040
Oct 9, 2008
It would have to be synced over through the computer. Essentially you would have to duplicate the data that's on the iPod touch onto the computer by transferring purchases, and then after setting up the 3GS, sync the purchases back over in the iTunes interface. It is not recommended that you back up the iPod touch and restore the backup onto the 3GS, this can break certain functionality.

Dmak02

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 23, 2009
It would have to be synced over through the computer. Essentially you would have to duplicate the data that's on the iPod touch onto the computer by transferring purchases, and then after setting up the 3GS, sync the purchases back over in the iTunes interface. It is not recommended that you back up the iPod touch and restore the backup onto the 3GS, this can break certain functionality.

Thanks, I'll post more questions if they arise. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.