iPod Touch 2G Bug?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouch1987, Sep 15, 2008.

1. iTouch1987 macrumors member

Hey guys,

I've been experiencing some weird things lately with my touch. Like, when I'm browsing the internet for more than 7 minutes or so, it will just kick me off Safari and back to the Main Menu. Or when I browse through albums, it would just send me back to the Main Menu again.

Also, I've been getting skipping on my songs.

Am I not suppose to be multi-tasking (listening to music + browsing at the same time)? Is that bad?

Thanks for any help.

2. Dudeman486 macrumors member

you are supposed to be able to listen to music and do anything else on the touch at the same time. I think you might have a few glitches in your software. try doing a restore by holding the sleep/wake and home button together for ~10 seconds and wait until you see the apple logo.

if that doesn't work, you're gonna have to try a harder restore, but try that one first.

3. jrok18 macrumors regular

4. iTouch1987 thread starter macrumors member

would doing the home+sleep restore reset my memory?

5. mackmgg macrumors 65816

mackmgg

idk wut it resets, but it keeps the music and settings if thats wut u mean

6. iTouch1987 thread starter macrumors member

7. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Sounds like a stupid comment.

8. IconicIdentity macrumors member

I'm having the same problem! Ive been getting skipping and I get sent to the home screen every few mins!!!

9. Rampage711 macrumors newbie

I got mine about a week or so ago. I've had a couple of problems. It generally runs smoothly. But a couple of times the songs have skipped. When I was talking on aim for awhile, it started skipping pretty bad. Then one time I pressed the genius playlist control and it froze up and started skipping then froze for like 15 seconds. Also, was one playing a video and it just froze for like 20 seconds. Is this similar to yours? Did you call Apple?

10. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

I'm suffering from the skipping problem as well. I find that Apps quit if I scroll too quickly for some reason.