Ipod Touch 2g, do you NEED a screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by 11blue, Sep 15, 2008.

1. 11blue macrumors member

OK, so, I just got my iPod touch on friday, 16 gigs, yatta yatta, and it's in good shape so far. a few scratches on the metal, but I don't really care about the metal. I care about the screen. Would you say that you certifiably need a screen cover? So far, it's absolutely immaculate. I can't even believe it. Assuming they are like 1g touches in screen toughness, how is yours holding out?

2. Jack Flash macrumors 65816

Mine came with the screen pre-scratched. Really ironic in that I waited several days until my BodyGuardz arrived to open it.

3. iTouch1987 macrumors member

i would recommend it.

the first time i tried using my new 2g touch, i felt like i was scratching it with my fingertips (i'm a guitar player, so they're a bit rough). fingerprints easily get onto the screen and i'm constantly having to wipe it off.

i got the powersupport anti-glare film for mine, the front part for the screen fits fine, the back needs some good smoothing. but it definitely helps prevent everyday scratches and rarely leaves fingerprints on it.

it's really handy.

4. OnTheiTouch2G macrumors member

after using mine for a week, I feel like I REALLY need screen protection, to many opportunities to scrath the stupid thing.

5. pwn247 macrumors 6502

pwn247

I'm really not too concerned about the screen on mine.

I mean, the screen is made of glass, right? (It is) And guess what cuts glass? Diamond. Unless you have a bunch of sharp diamonds in your pocket, your screen shouldn't have a scratch on it. This is, of course, as long as you take care of your iPod Touch like a little child (as I do). :D:D:D

6. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

I'm wondering the same thing. This it my first touch, so I'm not sure how the screen would hold up without a protector. I was thinking of grabbing a bodyguard for the front and using a silicon case to protect it from drops.

The screen protectors look tricky to install though.

7. iTouch1987 macrumors member

lol. diamond isnt the only thing that cuts glass.

8. Paul R macrumors newbie

Paul R

9. Anonymouslives macrumors 6502

Anonymouslives

good to know! I just bought one and the apple store didn't have any new cases yet for them.

10. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

11. vanluuk macrumors member

ipod touch /iphone front are made of "special" glass..

no plastic... so its already quite scratch proof...

also.... i still dont get it why people pay 300 dollars for a beautifull piece of technology and than put in in some sort of condom...

12. angels lust macrumors member

It's made of glass so it is more durable but diamonds aren't the only thing that cut glass. Plus, cutting glass and scratching glass are two different things. ;)

13. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I believe if you had some grains of sand in your pocket (much more likely than a bunch of diamonds), that could scratch your screen.

14. Scarpad macrumors 68000

Scarpad

The Screen is pretty resiliant, I had mine in a Power Systems anti glare but I did'nt care for what it did to the image, which is much better with it off, I'm careful with my stuff so the screen looks fine

15. California King macrumors 65816

lol, aww..the little unlock and lock sound is cute..hahaha.
    Glad I have a speaker on my 2G iPod Touch. :)