iPod Touch 2g GPS?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by yeoldgreat1, Aug 19, 2009.

1. yeoldgreat1 macrumors newbie

I've heard that the ipod touch 2g has bluetooth inside that can be utilised fully by jailbreaking. Is it possible to use an external gps reciever via bluetooth with the tomtom or other gps app?

I've got the gps receiver from a previous tomtom kit i bought for my hp handheld pda and was thinking of buying the tomtom app if i can get it working.

Thanks for the help.

2. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

The TomTom kit is supposed to be compatible with the touch, so for it to not be fully utilised seems a bit strange.
    Maybe the 3G will have an integrated GPS receiver, with an add on being released for the 2G. Let's hope so :).

3. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

hardly doubt a GPS receiver on the 3G, i just don't see it in any ipod!:eek: ever!:D

4. iphonefreakz macrumors member

iphonefreakz

i also have my doubts it will be in the next ipod touch, but i still hope it will :D

5. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the bluetooth can not be utilised as a gps it can only communicate with other bluetooth devices. GPS communicates with satelites to show your position, if the reciever is bluetooth it may work but if it is a plugin reciever then it will have to be the same connection as the one on the USB wire