iPod Touch 2g help, it might be bricked or something

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by triple4, Feb 8, 2009.

1. triple4 macrumors newbie

So my iPod touch 2g crashed last night, it was jailbroken and everything, it was working very nicely, then it crashed when i was restarting springboard. I go and do the last 3 steps on the iPod Touch 2g Jailbreak video that you need to do when it crashes or needs restarting and it does nothing. Sometimes i can get it into DFU mode and get it to start booting up but it stays booting up and wont complete the boot. I don't know what to do, is there a way to completely wipe my iPod clean and start over, because it won't even start now, no matter what I try, not even the restore mode will work because my computer nor iTunes will recognize it!!!! :confused:

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    Put it into dfu mode and then connect it to itunes and perform a fresh restore.

3. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

You do know that it's a tethered jailbreak, right?
    So if you reboot it or turn it on it has to be plugged into the computer that has the software that gets passed the signature check.

4. triple4 thread starter macrumors newbie

oh....yeah im on my brother's computer because the software I used to jailbreak it kinda screwed my comp up, idk why, it worked fine on his

5. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    You NEED to run redsn0w everytime you boot the phone.

6. triple4 thread starter macrumors newbie

ok so, this is what my situation is, im on my brother's comp, mine is in the processes of reinstalling win XP from win 7 beta. can that be a problem? I can get it to boot up for a sec though, but only to kinda lock up on the boot screen

7. telepati macrumors regular

telepati

Dont PANİC!!!

*important*
    If you want to reboot your device you will not be able to boot it up it will just be a black
    screen. This is perfectly fine. All you need to do is do as i said in step #5 to get it to boot
    back up. (This is happining after the winterboard install. Dont panic just a click boot.bat and all you need to do is do as i said in step #5 to get it to boot back up)

5. Open the boot.bat file and follow the instructions it gives you. You will be asked to
    put your ipod in DFU mode. You can do this by holding both the home and power button
    for 10 seconds, then releasing the power button while you keep holding the home button
    for 8 more seconds. When asked to enter some commands copy and paste the
    commands below in the window. When it asks you will need to type "go" and "/exit".

arm7_stop

mw 0x9000000 0xe59f3014

mw 0x9000004 0xe3a02a02

mw 0x9000008 0xe1c320b0

mw 0x900000c 0xe3e02000

mw 0x9000010 0xe2833c9d

mw 0x9000014 0xe58326c0

mw 0x9000018 0xeafffffe

mw 0x900001c 0x2200f300

arm7_go

arm7_stop

/exit

8. triple4 thread starter macrumors newbie

thing is......the system doesn't even see the ipod at all, i connect it and do the DFU mode and still it doesn't see it

9. telepati macrumors regular

telepati

I know I had same problem and I just made same process.. If you make same jailbreak process iPod will be come...