iPod Touch 2G Help Needed - Continuously Crashes

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by jeremyf0923, Dec 24, 2010.

1. jeremyf0923 macrumors newbie

Good afternoon,

I have an iPod Touch 2G loaded with the newest iOS and it has never been jailbroken. I have had it for a couple of years and never had a problem with it. It is loaded with music, videos, and apps. About 5 months ago, we got my wife a new Acura MDX that has a great iPod interface. The first time we connected it to the MDX the strangest thing happened - every song we played disappeared from the iPod. I disconnected it and it froze up - and then it went into recovery mode. Since then I have been troubleshooting - and every attempt has failed. I have restored it countless number of times and every time within a few hours (sometimes up to a few days) it crashes and goes in recovery mode or many times DFU mode. I have never tried connecting it to the MDX since the original time. Additionally, with each attempt to troubleshoot I have gradually disabled applications. My last attempt I didn't load any music, movies, photos, or books - and only loaded a couple of apps (literally) that I know aren't buggy - Fruit Ninja and ESPN. Within a day it crashed. When I say crashed - I played Fruit Ninja for an hour or so one evening, then put it on the charger and the next morning it was in recovery mode. I am getting so aggravated and am ready to just give up. My current troubleshooting attempt is to restore it and literally put nothing on it at all - just the core software. I did that this yesterday...waiting to see what happens.

Has anyone ever experienced something like this? I would GREATLY appreciate any suggestions on anything else I can do to "fix" my problem as my only other option at this point is to just trash it - something I do NOT want to do.

Look forward to thoughts and feedback - thanks in advance!

Jeremy

2. jeremyf0923 thread starter macrumors newbie

BUMP - does no on have any thoughts regarding this? Has no one ever experienced something similar to this?