iPod touch (2g)/ iPhone won't stop resetting??

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gadgetsaregreat, Feb 9, 2010.

1. gadgetsaregreat macrumors newbie

I wanted to get rid of all of my jailbreak data, and I didn't restore the iPod with iTunes because that didn't delete all the files. I went to Settings, General, and reset all data and content. I wanted to totally wipe it. It said it would take about 4 hours and I am going on 8. The loading bar finished, and now there is just an apple logo in the middle of the screen, like when you are booting up, but with a loading circle in it sometimes. It seems to go on a cycle. After a while, the screen flashes, and the screen goes back to just to the apple logo. Then, a loading circle thing appears on the Apple logo. Repeat. For 8 hours! I tried connecting to iTunes but it didn't recognize it, and my computer didn't recognize it either. I am now trying to drain the battery so it will stop but I still need help. I am on 3.1.3 but jailbroken and am trying to unjailbreak via onscreen reset, not iTunes restore.

2. pcs are junk macrumors 65816

a restore does erase all jailbreak data....you have to be god to get that data back. anyway, put it into dfu mode and restore. btw just as a tip, if you cant get it into dfu mode the normal way, this is what i heard, it might be bricked, so instead of holding down the power and home for 10 seconds, it changes to exactly 6 seconds...if its bricked...from what ive heard.

3. gadgetsaregreat thread starter macrumors newbie

4. gadgetsaregreat thread starter macrumors newbie

I don't think it's working.. it just goes back to the apple logo with the loading circle in it. iTunes still doesn't recognize it.

5. gadgetsaregreat thread starter macrumors newbie

well, it's working now, and all is well. thanks

6. austinallen123 macrumors newbie

i have tried DFU mode,

i have tried DFU mode, the screen goes black for 2 seconds, then starts erasing again...****