iPod Touch 2G Loose Screen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zeaubilla, Nov 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zeaubilla macrumors newbie

I got my iPod Touch 2G 16GB two weeks ago, and I was loving playing Tap-Tap, listening to music and using Nike+. However in the last few days I have noticed a problem that is starting to manifest.

Basically on Tuesday after my run, I was holding my iPod and felt a slight indentation as I pressed the bottom right of the screen. If I pressed hard enough it seemed to just stop being loose and problem solved. But once the left side was pressed it was like the surface was loosened again and once more I was able to press down on the bottom right of the screen. I looked about and just tried to shrug off the problem but now it seems more sinister.

As I was playing Tap-Tap today I can actually hear a quite loud sharp clicking noise, almost like pressing the home button but more like a tapping than the muffled home button press. Im convinced this a hardware fault as now the clicking occurs on the on first row of black backgrounded apps (so 2/5th up the screen) on the right.

Do you think Currys Digital (where I bought it) in the UK will replace this instantaneously or will I have to go up to the Apple Store in London to change this?

2. joshm6946 macrumors newbie

I had the same exact problem on the first 2nd Gen I got, so I called Apple and they sent me a repair box and I shipped it to them and like 3 days later they shipped me out a new one!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.