iPod Touch 2G (MC Model) Pwned for Ever

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by iRaffi23, Sep 22, 2010.

1. iRaffi23 macrumors newbie

[​IMG]

Pod2g the guy behind the SHAtter exploit which will be used with Greenpois0n to create the new iOS 4.1 jailbreak for iPhone 4, iPod touch 4G and iPad, has discovered a new exploit that will pwn iPod touch 2G for ever, the new exploit called usb_control_msg(0xA1, 1) exploit. This is the fourth exploit discovered by Pod2G, really he is talented guy.

The new exploit technicality is complicated to understand through regular users, you can check this in the quote below to see how it works.

A heap overflow exists in the iPod touch 2G (both old and new) bootrom’s DFU Mode when sending a USB control message of request type 0xA1, request 0×1.

On newer devices, the same USB message triggers a double free() when the image upload is marked as finished, also rebooting the device (but that’s not exploitable because the double free() happens in a row). posixninja analyzed and explained this one.

You also have to know that the new exploit will also be used in the upcoming Sn0wbreeze 2.0, to jailbreak iPod touch 2G (MC Models) for ever.

Looks like sb2 will have otb support for ipt2g MC models too! :) thx @pod2g
    @jonnyboywashere this exploit is only in the ipt2g, thats why pod2g published it on the wiki

Any way, we can sum up that the new exploit will pwn iPod touch 2G (MC Model) for ever

2. izimzis macrumors member

so does it also work with the 2g version that has been sold a couple of weeks ago? i mean the 2g with 8gb that has been sold as the entry model of the 3g?

3. iRaffi23 thread starter macrumors newbie

if it is MC model yes >>> you can find out from settings>General>About

Check out my blog iraffi23.blogspot.com

4. izimzis macrumors member

alright, i gots it.

so all i gots to do is jailbreak it with sn0wbreeze 2.0 and i'm out of prison for once and all?

also i dont have a pc, so i cant do it with my mac? when approximately can i ?
    also is it untethered or tethered?

also i have got 4.1 (mc) any hope for me? :/