iPod Touch 2G Not Available In Montreal (Yet)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Darkroom, Sep 12, 2008.

1. Darkroom Guest

Darkroom

i just got home from the downtown "flagship" store. they still had the old iPod Touches on display, and only had the a few 8GB 2G models in stock... and of course none of the employees had a clue when they would receive new ones... same situation at the Laval store...

that's kinda ghetto...

2. Grandpa-Green macrumors newbie

indeed

Exact same story in Vancouver. I have a feeling apple is shafting Canada on this launch. I thought the shipment was just late but if they have the 8gb you would think they would have them all!

3. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

also, i though it was lame of them to be still selling the old model to unsuspecting buyers.

i called Future Shop who said they were expecting a shipment today, but the truck didn't show up and to try calling them back tomorrow.

4. farmerjoe01 macrumors newbie

I called the Toronto store on Tuesday a few minutes after the announcement and they told me it would be a few days. I ordered one off the Apple Canada site and it arrived this morning straight from Shanghai. When I was in the Toronto store this afternoon they told me they'd just received them...

5. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

i hope the apple store receives shipments on today...

6. Grandpa-Green macrumors newbie

Me too although I've got low hopes.

7. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

Future Shop said they'll receive them in about a week...

8. iNeurox macrumors member

Yesterday, I called the Apple Store Montréal and they said they only had a couple of 8G iPod Touch 2G and they told me they would get shipments of 16 and 32 GB ones next week.

I was looking for a 16 GB one, so I called the Apple Store Laval. Then again, they said they didn't have 16 GB iPod touch 2G.

I went to my local BestBuy in Montréal and they said that I could preorder it because they would receive them only on the 19th of September.

I then decided to go to my Rogers store to see what were the plans they offered for the iPhone (because at the time, I was so pissed off that iPod touches 2G were not available anywhere in Mtl). For a simple Phone-SMS-Data plan, they told me it was 50$/month. I let that go, I am a simple high school student, so I couldn't afford this.

I then got back home and ordered the iPod touch on the Apple Online Store yesterday night.

This morning I saw it was already shipped from China ! I should get it soon (a couple of days, if not tomorrow).

So if you live in Montréal, screw BestBuy or FutureShop and buy yours off the Apple Online Store, it is way faster and easier ! ;)

9. sgtboy macrumors 6502

I phoned Futureshop 5 min ago and they said the 19th (next friday)

10. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

tell me about it...

i called the apple store again this afternoon just incase they received their shipment today, but they didn't... so i just ordered online too... didn't want to go thru all of next week calling stores every day with high hopes...

decided since i was ordering online that to take advantage of the free engraving... engraving reduces a resale amount if i ever try to sell it in a few years, but since i engraved it with my name and website address, there's a better chance that it will be returned to me incase i ever loose it (assuming it falls into the hands of an honest person)... will probably delay the shipment a bit longer (engraving ships 1-3 days), but i think it's worth it.

good... it's done... now i don't have to stress about it anymore :)

11. Grandpa-Green macrumors newbie

I ended up breaking down and picking up the 16gb iphone. Pretty damn sweet.

12. insicor macrumors newbie

Nuts to b&m stores. I just ordered a 16 gig off Apple.ca on Saturday evening and it'll arrive by Wednesday to Vancouver. :eek: Now that's quick delivery.

13. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

same situation here. ordered saturday evening, and the FedEx site shows it will arrive here in Montreal tomorrow morning (before noon).

Path: Kunshan, China > Shanghai, China > Anchorage, Alaska > Newark, New Jersey > Mississauga, Ontario > Montreal, Quebec. (it's now in Ontario "available for clearance").

i wonder if Apple Retail / Future Shop received them yet?

14. iNeurox macrumors member

WHAT ?! You guys ordered it on Saturday and it says it'll be here by tomorrow ?!

I ordered mine on Friday and it says it'll not get to me (Montréal) until Thursday.

I really don't understand...

15. porsche16 macrumors newbie

LOL i live in laval and i called ahead of time (ON FRIDAY) and they said that the truck was coming in with the shippments so i went 5 mins later and the staff said they dont have (none on display either) so i told them to go in back and make sure to check well, sure enough they had a couple :D

16. Darkroom thread starter Guest

Darkroom

yeah, they have them all in the downtown store now (as of today i believe)... but it's all good, because FedEx is saving me a trip to downtown tomorrow, and i got free custom engraving, which is a nice added touch (no pun intended).

in my experience FedEx is very fast, you might get yours tomorrow too. here's my tracking info:

Attached Files:

17. iNeurox macrumors member

FedEx got it today at the facility but when they delivered it, I wasn't at home. Going to get it RIGHT NOW at their Facility Store ! :)