Carrier Ipod Touch 2G soft bricked.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by laputacake, Apr 17, 2016.

Tags:
  1. laputacake macrumors newbie

laputacake

Having a small tidy up when I found this old relic. Connecting it to the wall it didn't boot but upon connecting to my PC it greeted me with the old recovery mode symbol. I then downloaded itunes to try and restore but it got stuck on "Waiting for iPod..." Hmm, tried restoring from DFU. "Waiting for iPod...". Getting desperate I tried a custom firmware. Nada. Anyone have any clues?

2. BobC macrumors newbie

BobC

This might not apply in your particular case, but you might need to charge the iPod Touch for quite a while before it will be recognized. I had the same difficulty with my 2nd gen, and it was resolved after an hour or so on the charger. Good luck!

3. laputacake thread starter macrumors newbie

laputacake

Yea, having left it for a few hours it started making progress then windows decided to BSOD so trying again now with original firmware.

4. laputacake thread starter macrumors newbie

laputacake

Update - Restore worked but didn't leave the apple boot logo even after leaving it overnight. Gonna try restoring again.

5. BobC macrumors newbie

BobC

Again, good luck! I know how frustrating these kind of problems can be.

As an aside, I'm still amazed that these older iPod Touch models still have so much use in them. I use my 2nd gen iPod Touch almost daily for Pandora listening via WiFi, and for playback of purchased music in my iTunes library.