iPod Touch 2G Volume Switch Bug- anyone else had this?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by duncyboy, Oct 22, 2008.

1. duncyboy macrumors 6502a

Managed to resolve this myself but thought I'd post it for future reference and to see if anyone else has experienced it.

Was listening to my Touch on the way into work this morning and tried to turn the volume down with the side switch but couldn't get it to work.

Took it out of my pocket, pressed the Home button and the screen showed the little "Headphones" volume overlay at full. I tried to turn it down using the side-switch and with the screen controls- the volume would go down but as soon as I stopped it'd go back like I had my finger permanently on the volume up button. I thought the button was broken but it 'clicked' up and down fine, felt like there was nothing wrong with it.

I tried turning the volume limit down etc and it still kept trying to go up so I did a reset- Home button and Sleep/Wake button for 10 seconds, waited for it to reset and it worked fine. Works perfectly now.

So if you think your volume rocker switch is broken, try a software reset first before you take it to Apple :)

2. jake921660 macrumors regular

i got the 1G touch and this sometimes happens to it.

i find that opening the music app and exiting it fully by holding down the home button fixes it.