Ipod touch 2g vs 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Adamt600, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Adamt600 macrumors newbie

Hi everyone
    For my 16years birthday, my dad gave me the choice of either getting a new ipod touch 3gen or keep my 2gen and get the same value in pocket money (450 NZ$)
    So i would like to know if its worth it or if there's any major differences(battery,...)??
    By the way i use the ipod touch mainly for:
    Heavy games (avatar, need for speed shift,NovA and glyder2) i might also use it for upcoming games such as gt racing.
    And ofcourse youtube , email and music?
    Help,advice?

2. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

If you had a 1g Touch I would say go for it but personally I don't think performance wise the difference between the 2G and 3G is overly significant. With the likes of dual core chips starting to become available for mobile devices I think the next update may have a little more to offer.

3. bleeper macrumors newbie

Take the money, then go to the store and buy the 3gen yourself. Transfer all your stuff from the 2gen to the 3gen, then sell the 2gen and pocket the extra money. Then tell your dad what you did, and he'll be impressed with your business acumen. :)

4. TraceyS/FL macrumors 68040

I'd probably take the money and save it until the next model came out.

However, the 3rd (32gb) is faster - i can see it just browsing safari....

5. elpmas macrumors 68000

elpmas

3rd gen would be better in performance (ie 3d games)...but i would wait until next week to see what apple has to offer

6. johnnyhow macrumors regular

the difference between the iPod touch 2g and 3g is nothing, save the kiwi dollars and wait for the 4g touch, rumour hes ut that ut wool be beached azz