ipod touch 2g with os 4 - Jailbreak

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by ramprakash.94, Jul 9, 2010.

1. ramprakash.94 macrumors newbie

I have an iPod Touch 2G, i recently updated the os to version 4. Now i don't like this os and I want to restore it back to 3.1.2 and I am planning to Jailbreak it.
    Can someone tell me how to go about doing the restore process? Please help!!

2. Kafluke macrumors member

Do you have your shsh blobs on file? (did you click "make my life easier" in Cydia the first time you ran it on 3.1.2?)

Why don't you like 4.0? Why not just jailbreak it?

3. Boots- macrumors regular

Would I be able to downgrade to 3.1.2 and save my blobs and then update and then jailbreak?

4. Kafluke macrumors member

You have to be on 3.1.2 firmware first in order to jailbreak 4.0 if you have new bootrom (mc model)

You HAVE to have (apple signed) 3.1.2 shsh blobs on file with cydia or saved on your computer in order to downgrade your firmware. Even if you did have 3.1.2 on your ipod right now you wouldn't be able to save your shsh blobs for that firmware because apple is only signing 4.0 shsh right now.

So if you have an ipod with 4.0 firmware and you are unable to downgrade to 3.1.2 then you cannot currently jailbreak an MC model.

5. Boots- macrumors regular

So you're saying I can downgrade my iPod touch, and then there's a way to jailbreak ios4 that way? If so how would I go about that... Unless I read your post wrong.

6. Kafluke macrumors member

What I'm saying is that ALL ipod touch's can be jailbroken on OS 4.0, however, if you have an "MC" model then you MUST first downgrade to 3.1.2, only THEN can you properly jailbreak your ipod using 4.0.

Downgrading is just the first step. The problem is, if you didn't save your shsh blobs during the months that apple was signing your 3.1.2 firmware then you have absolutely NO possible way to first downgrade to 3.1.2. and therefore jailbreak isn't possible for you right now.

Here is the guide to use if you have MC model:

http://www.blogsdna.com/11257/sn0wb...d-touch-2g-4-0-ipod-touch-3g-4-0-released.htm