Ipod touch 2nd gen case?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by bigmadmouse, Sep 29, 2008.

1. bigmadmouse macrumors newbie

im looking for a ipod touch 2nd gen case for my ipod. i really dont care too much if its leather or plastic and i dont want to pay an arm and a leg for it. but heres the catch i also want it to have a built in screen protecter (not an adhesive). thanks all

2. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

There are so few iPod Touch 2G cases out now, you'd be hard-pressed to find one that also has a built-in screen protector. You could get this and this and use them in tandem, if you think that would solve your dilemma.

For the record, I would just like to say that I think getting a screen protector (for the front) is a huge mistake, since the screen it so hard to scratch that a screen protector won't stop anything sharp enough to gouge it anyway.

3. Heather1 macrumors regular

Heather1

4. Kwats macrumors member

5. Mattjeff macrumors 6502

Mattjeff

Ooo that rebel one is niceee. I will look into that.

6. whoisrhp macrumors member

are the incase slider cases from apple the best cases for the touch? i know the 2nd gen one hasn't came out yet. but just asking was it the best snuggest and best grip / tightest and secure case compared to the other cases? or were there better ones? if i get a incase slider caser i won't need a film for my back right? because my BG film on my back looks so bad the sides are really covered all the way and there kind of lifting up.

7. whoisrhp macrumors member

oh junk it came out from switcheasy nice! :D

when did this come out ? i swear i didn't see this like 2 days ago! im so excited finally now i can take my ipod touch 2nd gen to the gym. also does anyone else just use this without a back film protection? should i keep on my back piece film and put on the case or remove my film? man the sides don't stick down :(

I just purchased one.. :D any idea how long it takes to ship?

8. Kiwi616 macrumors newbie

Can anyone tell if the 3.5MM adapter is required for use with non-apple earphones (i.e. Shure e4g headphones). I don't want to have to carry an adapter with me.

Thanks in advance!

9. Kwats macrumors member

rebel touch came out yesterday and i bought one yesterday and it shipped today.

10. liferules macrumors member

What about the weight of the SwitchEasy? I don't want it making the touch too heavy and fear with the 2 layers, it may be. Anyone know the weight?

FYI, BB website has the Belkin one at 6.4 oz! Must have weighed the entire package as the touch is just 4.05 oz itself.

11. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

Not sure... I have the same question though.

12. whoisrhp macrumors member

uh no you don't need an adapter i don't think because i have shure se 530's and i don't use anykind of adapter piece.

13. whoisrhp macrumors member

me 2 me 2 :D did you buy a film to protect the front screen? if so what kind? and do you plan to just put on the case with no backshield film? because i have a BG full body cover but the back doesn't really get fully covered and it looks sloppy.

14. MaxPower49 macrumors 6502a

the switcheasy case comes with 2 screen protectors.

15. ll PiStoNs ll macrumors regular

Yeah and a bunch of other stuff, like a dock adapter, headphone port protector, squegee, cloth, etc.(i know that costs maybe a dollar total for them but who cares?)
    I just bought a black one 10 minutes ago!

16. natezire71 Guest

I bought a SwitchEasy RebelTouch Yesterday... Hopefully it will get here this week :D

17. Ezra12 macrumors member

18. iTeen macrumors 65816

iTeen

19. Kiwi616 macrumors newbie

I looked at the SE530 online....do you use the straight plug or the 90 degree looking one with this case. The one I have for the e4g is the 90 degree one and was wondering if that fit the case also (without their adapter).:confused:

Thanks again.

20. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

How does the compare to the Otterbox Defender (I realize the 2G is not out yet). They seem very similiar with the Otterbox looking a little sleeker.

SwitchEasy[​IMG]

[​IMG]OtterBox Defender

21. cawesjmu macrumors 6502

bottom of Rebel

When someone gets one of these Touch Rebels from Switcheasy, I'm sure they'll do a review, but hopefully someone will comment on the 30-pin connector cover? I'd like to know if it actually stays closed, or if it's just sort of there and in the way when you want to plug it in. My current cheap "for the time being" case has a little flap cover and I find it irritating. Looking forward to a good review. Thanks.

22. natezire71 Guest

The OtterBox is MUCH thicker...... I used to have one for my 1st Generation.... The Rebel is WAY sleeker...

23. warensn macrumors member

24. Munix88 macrumors member

Dont get iClear

Yeah I got that iClear thing from Griffin at Best Buy too, only because I was desperate for one as I use mine on the train to school a lot.

I'm going to be taking that thing back tomorrow for sure and get this RebelTouch case. The Griffin case is the same price ($24.99) and only comes with the case w/ clip, an armband, two screen protectors (mine looked all nasty like someone used em already) and a little cloth.

The case fits snug but seems like rather cheap construction and looks even cheaper if you take the belt clip off and leaves some exposed metal. The only thing I like about it is that it's clear but the iClear is CLEARLY a rip off.

Again this case looks pretty awesome and I as well look forward to a review (although I think I'll get it before I see one anyway).

25. Kwats macrumors member

sorry to say i strongly dissagree the Iclear is what i currently own along with a rebel coming soon and i'd have to say the iclear isnt a design oriented case but when it comes to scratches and drops it does its job well thats its main focus.