Ipod Touch 2nd Gen is sold out everywhere.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BulkyPhilly, Nov 7, 2008.

1. BulkyPhilly macrumors newbie

At least in my area.

And about the 4th gen thread, the guy was an idiot. Either that or he was trying to scam me.

I tried BB, CC, FYE, Sears, Radioshack -- all sold out.

Where else can I go? besides online

2. dredg macrumors newbie

Different stores.

Have you tried Walmart or Target? i know if you can go to next town with those stores like bb etc... they might have them if ur close enough it might be cheaper to do it that way and quicker i know i have to travel 30 mins to get my ipod touch im gonna get today (i can go to walmart here but since i work at target i get 10% off and they have a deal to get a free 25 buck target giftcard) (where i am at) if not then get it from apple since you know its a trusted source/site they have free shipping i think.

3. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Have you tried Costco. They had an abundance of all three versions 2nd generation here in Atlanta when I was there yesterday.

4. acedew macrumors member

I second Costco, if you have one nearby. Although the one by me only has the 8GB and 32GB versions.

5. aethelbert macrumors 601

Did you ever come to think that not everybody is a member of costco? I'm sure that if the OP were a member that they would have taken advantage already.

6. Bob Chadwick macrumors member

Evidently that assistance bothers you for some reason. Last time I checked you could get a day pass for free to try and buy. The only caveat is that you have to pay in cash.

Or, heaven forbid, you could join.

7. California King macrumors 65816

Do you go to college or have one near you? Many colleges sell them at the book store.

8. iLoveMyApple macrumors 6502a

iLoveMyApple

They have a lot at the Target by my house. Also every color of the 4G nano

9. MacNewbie07 macrumors newbie

return Touch?

I too am on the verge of buying a Touch - need one for the WiFi roaming this weekend. However I can only afford an 8GB at the moment.

I was wondering which stores might have the best/easiest return policy on these? I would say Walmart probably. Target might not be too bad, or Costco....

Any advice appreciated.

10. acedew macrumors member

Costco's return policy is their hallmark. 90 days on iPods, no questions asked. Plus it's cheaper at Costco than any of the other stores I've been to, and you get free technical support.

11. MacNewbie07 macrumors newbie

technical support? dang!

what kind of technical support? (I guess it's not useful for the Touch.) I can understand it for their flatscreen TV's & audio systems though.

my membership expired last month so guess I'l be signing up again...