iPod touch 2nd gen MB downgrade from 4 to 3.1.3

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by masands, Sep 17, 2010.

1. masands macrumors regular

Hi guys
    I only recently purchase my iPod touch. It come with 3.1.3. I jailbroke it with Spirit. But unfortunately I fell into the trap of upgrading to 4.0.
    I did jailbreak it with jailbreakme.com but I don't like the ios4 performance and the worst bit is that my max capacity went from 7.45gb to 6.83 gb.
    I researched many ways to downgrade but I'm thoroughly confused. Some say I need SHSH blobs which I don't have but others say my model MB does not need SHSH to downgrade. I have tried and I come across error 3194 and I know what it means.
    My last hope seems to downgrading to 3.1.3 using custom firmware through sn0wbreeze 1.5.2. Can anyone confirm this? Also is sn0wbreeze untethered? And will I go back to 7.45 gb capacity because the min root partition size in sn0wbreze seems to be 750mb which too large for me.
    Any help will be appreciated.

2. Abscissa macrumors regular

Well, if it was jailbroken on 3.1.3 and the SHSHs were backed up on saurik's server then you should be able to downgrade. You need to download the 3.1.3 ipod touch firmware (felixburns.de) and go into iTunes with your ipod connected. Shift Click on restore and choose the ispw 3.1.3 and it should work.

I'm not 100% sure though.

Are you on 4.0 or 4.1? 4.0 can be jailbroken, but I'm assuming you really just want the space back.