Ipod Touch 2nd Gen Non Mc Model Jailbreak Info Needed

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Yhapster, Jun 24, 2010.

1. Yhapster macrumors newbie

Greetings everyone..spent awhile reading some of the posts in this forum but didn't find what i was looking for..i have an ipod touch 2nd gen that i had jailbroken using spirit to upgrade to 3.1.3 fw..now since the release of the official ios4 fw i had tried to use pwnage tool to create a custom ipsw file and restore my ipod to a new jailbrokean ios4..that failed...my restore would hang at preparing to restore ipod and eventually give an 1604 error..i eventually igot tired of trying and decided to restore using the official ipsw file for ios4..my question is can i use redsnow to jailreak my ipod 2nd gen that is already on ios4..look forward to your comments

2. Yhapster thread starter macrumors newbie

can a admin move this post over to the right section plz..sorry about this

3. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

Yep, you want redsn0w 0.9.5b5-4, does not need a restore just follow the on screen prompts.

4. Yhapster thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks..i just updated with redsnow beta and enabled multitasking and background wallpapers..have been seeing mixed posts on the quality of how the ipod works with these installed..mine works fine so far..cydia icon however is just a slightly offwhite glossy icon with no image on it.

5. tadad1 macrumors 6502a

tadad1

You need to run Cydia and let it update and it will then display properly.

6. liamkp macrumors 68020

liamkp

Tell me how performance goes, ive heard its terrible.