iPod Touch 2nd Gen or New Nano

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by marty1990, Apr 17, 2012.

1. marty1990 macrumors 6502

Made another thread, but am doubting what I should do.

I need a dedicated MP3 player for when am out and about. I don't want to use my phone. I have an Android phone, so that covers me for apps. I don't use my touch, because it's nearly three years old, many apps lag, and it's large when I'm already carrying my phone. I just want an iPod for music. No video's or anything.

So I want to get a new Nano.

I could sell my touch for around £50. Is that worth it? Or would I regret selling it and getting a Nano? I like the idea of the Nano for it's size, the watch feature, and the pedometer etc.

What do you think?

2. zp3dd4 macrumors member

Are there any apps on the touch you can't get on the android phone? If not, I don't see why not, as most of the android phones today are more powerful than the 2nd gen ipod touch.

3. marty1990 thread starter macrumors 6502

Only the one, but it was just a novelty app. I've got pretty much everything on my Android now.

4. Bear macrumors G3

If you can, go in to a store and play with an iPod Nano and make sure you like the way it operates.

Overall, it sounds like a good idea if you're not using any Apps on the Touch.

5. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

I would get a refurb iPod Touch. You can have it also as a backup to your phone as well as a mp3 player.

When I workout... I don't bring my phone into the gym. But I can still check my messages on my iPod since the messages are sync'd with it.

When I travel I can save the juice on my phone. Play games on my iPod touch.

Also you can text your friends for free. You know the ones that have an iPad/iPhone :)

6. TacticalDesire macrumors 68020

TacticalDesire

I'd keep the touch to be honest. But that's just me.

----------

There are also a plethora of free texting apps available that allow you text all your friends who don't have an apple device.

7. mofunk macrumors 68000

mofunk

yeah I know that. I just like the convience of iMessage. If I need to text my non-IOS5 friends I just send them an email to their phone. Works the same.

8. rubymooree macrumors newbie

If i were you, i will sell the touch on eBay and buy a new nano. The touch is a little heavy and it is not convenient to hold it all the time.:cool: