Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

johnnyfranks67

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 3, 2008
no, i don't think you're cool because you know big developer words describing the situation with the 2nd gen jailbreak not out yet. give me a "Graphical User" explanation as to why the 2nd gen ipod touch cannot be jailbroken. When you talk about exploit, what do you mean? Explain it as if i am someone who doesn't even know what an ipod touch is. Thank you.

insanityq

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2008
Because the 2nd gen was designed differently. It is a physical difference, a hardware difference.

Exploit is basically using an opening in the ipod's hardware/software that will let us put things in it. When we put things in it we can jailbreak it.

Hope that was simple enough for ya

ThunderBull4

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2008
Ok. Think of this way...

1st Gen

You're a racer. You just bought a brand new car and you want to make it go faster. You hire a mechanic to tweak your car. Because the car is gas-powered, it is very easy for the mechanic.

2nd Gen

You just bought another car, and you want to make it go faster. You hire a mechanic to tweak your new car. This car is electric-powered. The mechanic is having a hard time figuring out how to tweak it.

Ipodkenshi87

macrumors newbie
Dec 8, 2008
why do i have to jail break

I am new to apple i usually use windows and i have tons of emulators i dont understand why we cant just transfer them through files wireless
I mean we can transfer media text ,jpeg why not actual software exe. or what ever macs would need

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.