iPod Touch 2nd Gen, why no jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by johnnyfranks67, Dec 9, 2008.

1. johnnyfranks67 macrumors member

no, i don't think you're cool because you know big developer words describing the situation with the 2nd gen jailbreak not out yet. give me a "Graphical User" explanation as to why the 2nd gen ipod touch cannot be jailbroken. When you talk about exploit, what do you mean? Explain it as if i am someone who doesn't even know what an ipod touch is. Thank you.

2. insanityq macrumors newbie

Because the 2nd gen was designed differently. It is a physical difference, a hardware difference.

Exploit is basically using an opening in the ipod's hardware/software that will let us put things in it. When we put things in it we can jailbreak it.

Hope that was simple enough for ya

3. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

Ok. Think of this way...

1st Gen

You're a racer. You just bought a brand new car and you want to make it go faster. You hire a mechanic to tweak your car. Because the car is gas-powered, it is very easy for the mechanic.

2nd Gen

You just bought another car, and you want to make it go faster. You hire a mechanic to tweak your new car. This car is electric-powered. The mechanic is having a hard time figuring out how to tweak it.

4. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the most simplest way to put it is THEY CANNOT FIND A METHOD TO JAILBREAK!!

hope that clears it all up for you

5. Ipodkenshi87 macrumors newbie

why do i have to jail break

I am new to apple i usually use windows and i have tons of emulators i dont understand why we cant just transfer them through files wireless
    I mean we can transfer media text ,jpeg why not actual software exe. or what ever macs would need

6. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

not all roms are legal which is why apple don't allow them to be put on the iPod