iPod Touch 2nd Generation Jailbreak!!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by johnnyfranks67, Dec 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnnyfranks67 macrumors member

This is not a joke! i figured out an extremely easy way which has nothing to do with pwning, ziphone, or anything at all. i can't believe nobody figured out this before. i ssh'd into my friends 1st gen pwned ipod touch. i retrieved cydia. i then converted cydia to an .ipa app and edited some codes in the info.plist. i simply dragged it into itunes and synced it to my ipod touch 2nd gen! i promise this works and i will soon make a video on youtube for further detailed instructions. Thanks! *technically, this is not a jailbreak, but i have cydia on my ipod touch 2nd gen and it has all the capabilities that a 1st gen jailbreak would have.

**THIS ONLY WORKS ON 2.2!**
    :apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple::apple:

2. A person macrumors newbie

Awesome

You gonna post the link when you make the video?

3. johnnyfranks67 thread starter macrumors member

yes for sure. i just need to make some more stable adjustments (deleting and adding codes) and i will have it up soon.

4. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

I look forward to your video! I do believe you as what you said makes sense, it's just hard to think that no one thought of this before lol. Still congrats on finding this method! I'm sure many people will do the same thing now, granted they have a 1st gen to SSH to.

Actually... you can just upload that ipa file now so other can try it on their 2g

5. zBonesz macrumors newbie

johnnyfranks67-

Aren't you the guy that was posting as "ChronicDevTeam" here on MacRumors? I think you should apologise for this thread too before
    it gets out of hand...

6. ThunderBull4 macrumors 6502

What the hell? is this true? So you've been lying to us this whole time? Im guessing this Bossprefs on the 2g is also a lie? .....

7. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

all I'm gonna say is seeing is believing and anyone with a 2g iPod Touch should NOT get excited till theres proof of concept

8. ppc750fx macrumors 65816

So did you sign the bundle with your developer certificate?

Oh... wait... you're just making stuff up. Right. Carry on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.