Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

volks88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
A shipment came in today for Bestbuys for Va. I'm guessing alot of other stores are doing the same. Just check the website for availibility. Wife is picking mine up right now.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Yes, it shows touchs on bestbuy site near me! But, Anyone know if the store will hold one in my name? I can't get to the store till tomorrow, and I can't use a credit card till tomorrow or I'd order it now.

SK

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Thank you so much! Picking mine up after work - my own birthday gift since my birthday is tomorrow :) Thanks again!

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
I called our local BB and they told me they have 10 of the 16GB touchs in stock. I'm just hoping they don't sell out before tomorrow morning :(

SK

onionperson654

macrumors regular
Aug 26, 2007
Hmmm, our local store(s) don't have any listed online.

Please, when someone buys it at any non-Best Buy/Apple store, please post.

ksd

macrumors newbie
Sep 21, 2007
Week 38?

Can anyone confirm whether any Week 38 iPod touch's are now available at Best Buy?

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
I called our local BB and they told me they have 10 of the 16GB touchs in stock. I'm just hoping they don't sell out before tomorrow morning :(

SK

Do in-store pickup. Card isn't charged until you pick it up and they hold it for 48 hours I believe.

fishcube

macrumors 6502
Sep 13, 2007
Iowa
Do in-store pickup. Card isn't charged until you pick it up and they hold it for 48 hours I believe.

Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Just found this on the BB site about pickup orders "*Your order will be held at the store for 8 days. To ensure your security if you do not pick up your order, we'll cancel it and refund your credit card and/or Gift Card at the end of this timeframe."

Looks like they charge it before you pickup.

SK

pushateg7

macrumors member
Sep 13, 2007
Wheeling, IL
Only found one store near the city that has the 16GB in stock, changed from last night. Too bad I'm not buying one until next friday grrrrrrrr....but props to anyone picking one up this weekend :)

RyanG

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2007
Can anyone confirm this? But, will I be able to pick it up tomorrow? I want charge to show up tomorrow since today is the last cycle day for this month.

SK

*Your order will be held at the store for 8 days. To ensure your security if you do not pick up your order, we'll cancel it and refund your credit card and/or Gift Card at the end of this timeframe.

According to that, I guess I'm wrong. Shady in-store pickup. Everyone else I believe charges when you pick it up.

volks88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
did you get an 8gb or 16 gb??

did she she say they had alot in stock?

8GB.

She doesn't know, I had ordered online for pickup. I am at work. so all she did was go to customer service to pick it up.

Here's the serial number, I'm guessing its week 38? 9C7388XXX

Blackhood

macrumors newbie
Aug 8, 2007
If there is anyone in Northern NJ, Morris County. The Bestbuy in East Hanover and Union have both the 8GB and the 16GB.

I did an online order (East Hanover Store) and just got back from picking it up! (8GB)

Mine has Corinne Bailey Rae on the Box

Week is 38

dearye

macrumors member
Sep 21, 2007
None of the stores around here (Southern California) have had them... I saw one night that the Corona store had the 16gb, but they were out of stock half an hour later...

volks88

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
If there is anyone in Northern NJ, Morris County. The Bestbuy in East Hanover and Union have both the 8GB and the 16GB.

I did an online order and just got back from picking it up!

Mine has Corinne Bailey Rae on the Box

Same here.

plasticmoz

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2007
I too can confirm this -- I returned my week 37 one this morning and when I saw this post I rang the Best Buy in my area that had them in stock, kindly asked the representative if the serial # contained "38" rather than "37" (since they are not allowed to disclose the complete serial number) and once they confirmed it I did in-store pickup and ordered online. Done and done -- can grab it tonight, will post on screen issues since I went through so much testing on my 37.

I went ahead and cancelled the order I placed on Apple.com after returning my week 37 -- no thanks to waiting around for 2 weeks or so to get one from China when there are week 38s sitting around at Best Buy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.