iPod Touch 3.0 Software released.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Markleshark, Jun 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Markleshark macrumors 603

Markleshark

Looks like it's out a little early for iPod Touch owners.

Anyone want to report back it's purchasable? Linky goes to the page for me, but I have iPhone. :p
    iPod Touch 3.0

2. Linas7 macrumors newbie

Linas7

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11a Safari/525.20)

I will be going home from work and updating my iPod touch. I can't wait to get cut/copy/paste and then buy a MS Office like s/w for it. I wan't to start doing some real work on my iPod.

3. dud3ee macrumors newbie

Thanks for the link i am new here :) just joined few days ago. and yes its purchasable I am using IPOD :)

4. iBLAKEE macrumors 6502

But are you downloading the 2.0 or 3.0 software?

5. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i clicked it to see what would happen and it started going but then it just stopped. i think it only did that though because i have the 3.0 GM downloaded already. i'm in the US

6. UngratefulNinja macrumors 68000

UngratefulNinja

7. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Link works in the US, and loads the page, after you click on the Buy Now button, you have to click on the SLA's Agree button, you get a session timeout.

WHOA! Worked the second time!!

BUT, the download button didn't work. So will I be charged a second time if I try again?

Attached Files:

8. ajbart macrumors newbie

the link indeed works (UK store) and clicking download brings up a page saying the software is downloading. in the downloads tab to the left, it says '2.0' for the software download, and won't actually download anything. seems a bit of an early glitch or false alarm.

It's also telling me i've already purchased the item. (presumably thinking along the lines of already downloaded 2.0)

has anyone actually got the 3.0 download from this?

9. Critical Hippo macrumors member

My session did not time out. I completed the purchase and was lead to a page saying that I should see a "Download and Install" prompt, and that if I did not see it, then I should click "Check for Updates." There's no button and iTunes says that 2.2.1 is the latest version available. I'm guessing that the actual software won't go live until tomorrow.

I see the usual tentative $1 charge on my bank account, not a full $10, so I'm not expecting to see a full deduction until tomorrow either.

10. DHarrisDBS34 macrumors regular

It looks ready to me. I'm going to wait until tomorrow morning at least though. I just want to avoid the headaches of last year. If there are any problems, I don't want to get caught up in it.

11. aznkid25 macrumors 6502

I have a problem. For some reason, when I go to plug in my 2nd Gen iPod Touch into itunes 8.2, I don't get any response. I have tried resetting it, but nothing happens. This never happened to me in 8.1.1.

12. Farfooz macrumors member

Farfooz

when i clicked the link it came to that page but instead of buy it just had download, could this be because im a developer? lol im just curious, cuz i have an iphone first gen 3.0 GM seed :) weeirrd though. haha sucks for you guys i can download it now off the iPhone Dev Center :D

13. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Same here, download and install, but no download and no install, nothing from Update button. Oh well! :)

On a whim I tried changing the local clock, no dice.

14. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

3.0 already released? [LINK]

i tried to post this in the iPhone section to spread the word but it just got merged into this thread. i can see why though.

15. Kebabselector macrumors 68030

Kebabselector

£5.99 for us UK people - though as I'm selling my 16gb Touch I'll let whoever buys it pay to upgrade.

16. gloss macrumors 601

gloss

Nice thought, but the download doesn't actually work. It just pulls down 2.0 again.

17. DaGreat01 macrumors 6502a

DaGreat01

Yup it sure is out!

Now if you can find the iphone one lol:)

18. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

it's a really good find, if only the download button worked though. but i guess it doesn't affect me really since i have it already :p

19. TurboSC macrumors 65816

TurboSC

I'd also like the official iPhone one ;)

Good find.

20. redking31591 macrumors 6502

link in the first post consitenly links to the purchase page but when i press download, not purchase for 9.95, it just flashes something under the download spot in the side bar then it comes up and says thanks you for downloading, but nothing was downloaded.

edit: it downloads a .4kb file titled iphone 2.0 software update. must be the same link and server location last years update was at.

21. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

yea, now the link is taking you to the 2.2 download page

22. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

Yeah, I got charged for iPhone 2.0 software. :mad:

Attached Files:

23. Ipodgeek macrumors newbie

when will the 3.0 software be out on june 17th????:apple:

24. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

yellow: contact apple and tell them what happend you could either get a refund or they may let you download the 3.0 update without purchasing again.

iPodgeek: it will be out when it's out, people are speculating a release at 1m california time

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.