iPod touch 32G - 3rd GEN - app/itunes problems...HELP

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by KrissieMarie917, Feb 22, 2010.

1. KrissieMarie917 macrumors newbie

I can't get any app on my iPod touch to work...I "click" them, and the main screen comes up for a second, and then it's back to my screen with all of my apps. They won't open ... nothing.

I'm frustrated, because many of them were paid for, so I'm afraid to do a restore...

Also afraid to restore because iTunes keeps deleting all of my music each time I close the program on my Vaio (it's currently all on the iPod, that's the only place!)

So, if I do a total "reset/restore" I'm going to lose not only all 3,000 songs, but all apps I paid for as well.

Is there a way to fix either of these problems???

I had a MacBook before, and a different iPod, and this never happened - but then my MacBook's hard drive crashed (I know, very rare), so I was convinced to switch back to PCs. I'm not looking for a lecture on Mac Vs. PC, just how to fix these issues and get my expensive new toy to work! This iPod is LESS THAN A WEEK OLD.

HELP!

2. Hayduke60 macrumors regular

I'm no whiz, but couldn't you use senuti to load all your music back onto your hard drive? As for the apps, Apple keeps a list of what apps you bought and loaded onto your ipod, just for reasons like this. Then you could restore it, or take it back to Apple and exchange it for one that works.

3. Vesuvio Cat macrumors regular

Sounds reasonable. However, did you simply try rebooting your iPod? I had a problem exactly like this on my iPhone and it just kind of fixed itself.