iPod Touch 32gb, Best Current JB Method

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by Grentz, Jun 16, 2008.

1. Grentz macrumors newbie

So I am getting a 32gb iPod Touch and of course want to JailBreak it.

I have seen many discussing what is the best way, and everyone seems to have their own opinion. The other issues is many of the articles I have read are a few months old and the programs have been updated since then and many have changed quite a lot in their capabilities and such.

So, what is the best do you think and why? This will be done from a windows PC.

So far I have found:
    iLiberty
    ZiPhone
    Winpwn

2. Tres macrumors regular

I don't understand why there is so much confusion over this.

Install ZiPhone, plug in your iPod, click Jailbreak, wait a minute or two and you're done. I just upgraded my iPod touch to 1.1.4 last night after using 1.1.1 since I bought it and re-Jailbreaking it couldn't have been easier.

3. Grentz thread starter macrumors newbie

Because in looking around lots of people say ZiPhone is risky and bloated compared to others :confused: ;)

4. Xavier macrumors 68020

5. MagikMonkey macrumors newbie

Jailbreaking Tutorial

1) Plug in iPod

2) Download & Install ZiPhone

3) Click Jailbreak

:p

Seriously, there's nothing to it. ZiPhone is perfect, no problems with me so far.

6. Bwilky macrumors regular

I used Ziphone the first time and it stopped half way through. Thought I bricked it, but according to PMB you can't brick ipod touches. All I had to do was restart the ipod touch and it re installed it. Works perfect now.

7. macfan881 macrumors 68020

or you could just wait a few weeks for the firmware 2.0

8. Grentz thread starter macrumors newbie

Ya I might just do that.

There are only a few apps I want anyways. Last.FM (HOPEFULLY will come to the apps store), and a couple others.

9. donaldj macrumors 6502

donaldj

So what if ZiPhone is bloated, and is a load of code theft... it's still a good product because of it.

A load of stolen cash is still a load of cash... isn't it?

10. bmh16 macrumors regular

Don't use the rubbish ziphone program as your ipod will always crash using it. Liberty+ is streets ahead, never crashes and just as easy to use.

11. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

the ziphone website reports it already has a jailbreak ready for the 2.0 release so its a case of stay tuned and see what happens

12. Grentz thread starter macrumors newbie

Probably something taken from the other guys again, some of the other places have had 2.0 early betas cracked for awhile now, its just the newer ones that are tough to crack.

13. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

jailbreakme.com is for 1.1.1 firmware the only 1.1.4 methods are all via pc/mac applications (ziphone (mac & pc), iLiberty+ (mac & pc), ijailbreak (mac), winpwn (windows), pwnagetool (mac) )