Ipod Touch 32GB or Ipod Classic 120GB?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by CocoCrisps, Jan 6, 2009.

1. CocoCrisps macrumors newbie

I'm just looking for opinions on which one you like more. I want to buy an ipod that holds a lot of music and looks good. I'm leaning towards the ipod touch because of the features, but I like how much the 120GB Classic holds. Post if you have any insight.

2. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

Well, how many GB's of music do you have?
    And is cost an issue?
    Do you use the internet much?
    Game a little?

3. STEVESKI07 macrumors 68000

STEVESKI07

I think your going to get pretty biased answers since your posting in an iPod Touch forum.

If you want just music and lots of it then go with the classic. If you want to play games, use the internet, watch videos, or just like the touch screen interface then I'd say the Touch.

4. JustOneQuickONe macrumors 6502

I agree, it all depends on what you want to use. I like being able to have games and internet with my ipod. 120GB is a lot more for less money but thats A LOT of music, most of which you would probably not listen to. I have a 32GB touch only half filled and easily don't listen to at least 50% of the music on it on a regular basis.

5. CocoCrisps thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

So what did you buy?

7. cmichaelb macrumors 68020

cmichaelb

8. jampat macrumors 6502a

I was in the same boat. I went with 32 touch for web browsing and microphone support. If it is primarily for music I would go with classic. You can always poke a classic through a coat to change songs, the touch you have to take out. (yes, yes, I know, you can use the button on one of the new headsets for the touch for this, but then that makes the touch all that much more expensive). The touch I definitely feel the space crunch on. The classic can pull off a reasonable approximation of a portable media server. (ie. instead of saying "you guys should see this movie I downloaded", you have it with you. The touch can hold a lot, but unless you are just starting with digital media, it is unlikely to hold most of what you have.)

9. CocoCrisps thread starter macrumors newbie

I went with the Ipod Touch 32GB and I love it! =]

10. Ryuukumori macrumors 6502

Great choice!

I was going to buy one today, but every single store I know of with sales are completely OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!!! All the models. I wanted a 32 GB too.

Might have to wait a week or two, this sucks. But I will get my hands on an iPod Touch 32 GB soon.

Have fun, and keep an eye out for the 2G jailbreak.

11. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Costco has it (and it's cheaper).