iPod Touch 32gb - Shuffle Option?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by effort900, Jul 7, 2008.

1. effort900 macrumors newbie

Is there an option to have the Touch shuffle the songs randomly (not just within one particular album)? Randomly play any song in your entire collection? I don't want to have to go thru 2000 songs to add certain songs. I want to play them ALL randomly.

Also why can't you copy the "Party Shuffle" on iTunes to your iPod? Or can you?

iTunes needs some improvements...lots of things it doesn't do! Seems very limited.

Also I am dissapointed I can't take any DVD (movie) I have and load it on to my Touch....for the DVD having to be an MP4 ifile s ridiculous! I wish the geeks that invent this stuff would consult with common, normal people to get it right from the start!

Any help on the above would be great! Thanks!

2. tonie macrumors 6502

Yes, it has shuffle option and you can convert your dvd movies to mpg4 in order to play on ipod touch. i use super to convert and resize them.

3. effort900 thread starter macrumors newbie

You can shuffle - how?
    What is Super (to convert movies)(does that cost more money :) )

4. FishStik5 macrumors newbie

It's very simple. Touch "Music", then touch "Songs" then at the top there should be a shuffle option. This will shuffle all your songs.

5. effort900 thread starter macrumors newbie

OK I looked up Super I see it now.

How do you shuffle all songs though?

6. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Seriously? all of your complaints are wrong. You can rip a movie from a DVD and put it on your iPod and you can shuffle your entire music collection.

Just click songs, then at the top press shuffle.

7. effort900 thread starter macrumors newbie

8. effort900 thread starter macrumors newbie

Rip a movie.....thru QuickTime Pro for PC? So it doesn't need to be a mpg4 file?

9. tonie macrumors 6502

10. effort900 thread starter macrumors newbie

Super - how long does it usually take to encode a movie?

11. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Depends on your hardware, usually about movie time length + 1 hour, maybe less.

12. tonie macrumors 6502

I encoded a 900 or almost 1GB video to 330MB and it took about 20 mins.

I have a Dell Vostro Q6600 with 3GB RAM

13. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

well, it is more like random. Unlikely iTunes, it doesn't have smart shuffle. So when you play songs by shuffle mode, you will hear the same songs many times. The main point is that you need to make smart playlist in iTunes so that songs will be replaced by other unplayed songs when you hook up itouch. But it is not perfect solution. You will still hear the same songs.