Ipod Touch 3g 4.0 Jailbreak?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by yayitsezekiel, Jun 21, 2010.

1. yayitsezekiel macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I have yet to find one, since all I've seen only work on the 2g. Has anyone found one?

2. wywern209 macrumors 65832

wywern209

there isn't gonna be one for at least a week. if not more. and what is the point of a JB anyways. most of the reasons to jb are gone now. custom wallpaper check; multitasking.. check.

3. yayitsezekiel thread starter macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I like a 5 icon dock, and a few other things

4. kingwaffle macrumors newbie

sounds to me like you pulled that number out of your ass.

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Or not check... I was really hoping that I could have Things and iBank update in the background but that's not going to happen in iOS4. It's close enough to multitasking to call it that, but it really isn't.

Now that it's not going to work like I thought it would, I'm considering it...

6. yayitsezekiel thread starter macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

I'm waiting for snowbreeze 1.6

supposedly that supports the 3rd gen ipod touch. Also i'm looking forward to an iPhone 4 Jailbreak :p

7. cobaltrich27 macrumors 6502

cobaltrich27

ultrasnow fixed my blank cydia icon ios4

well I just finished jailbreaking my 2nd gen iPod Touch with ios4 Works great.

I also just finished jailbreaking/unlocking my 3g iPhone with ios4 for tmobile works great.

1 thing I noticed it takes many reloads/reboots to get latest updates for Cydia. My iPhone 3G updated faster even though I started on it after the ipod touch but I think it was the ultrasnow unlock that made it quicker.

FYI: So I ran the ultrasnow on the ipod 2nd gen and now it has the correct cydia icon like the 3g so there must be something extra installed that fixes this even though its for a iPhone.

8. yayitsezekiel thread starter macrumors 6502a

yayitsezekiel

hmm that's interesting. wonder if the os has anything to do with it? although I know it works for 2g, i just need it for the 3g :rolleyes:

9. OGDaniel macrumors 6502a

OGDaniel

Even though 4.0 was put out for developers awhile ago, not all of them have updated their apps to be compatible with the features of 4.0. Everything will work fantastically in a few weeks.

10. slashcrashcup macrumors newbie

For me... BT stack so I can have a mouse with my Bluetooth keyboard now.

The use of a BT keyboard is very awesome in iOS4. Touching my fat finger to the tiny screen to select things is ridiculous, and yet somehow apple does not get this.

Don't get me wrong I love my Ipod touch, but first they give us BT headphones only, now a year later, keyboard too. But no mouse :(

What gives? My Dell Axim from 2002 gave me all this and more (CF GPS, microphone).

Need Jailbreak for BTStack Mouse I guess? Anyone had good Luck with this App before I go to the dark side?

11. anschnaller macrumors member

anschnaller

Multitasking sucks

I am also waiting for a JB for the 3rd gen ipod for the emulators. 4.o is pretty cool it still did not do much. It is goin to take at least a month for every developers to update there apps to comply with the multitasking. The multitasking makes it a pain in the ass to quit a app also u have to exit it once and then bring up the task bar and delete it is dumb. Unless some one knows something i don't.

12. todd2000 macrumors 68000

Why the heck would you want to use a mouse with your iPod Touch?

13. markojug macrumors regular

Makes you look cooler :cool:

14. slashcrashcup macrumors newbie

Have you tried typing on a bluetooth keyboard? It is silly to type on the keyboard then have to reach up, pick up the device, and touch the screen, then set it back down. Would be much easier to navigate by cursor to click buttons (i.e. send) rather than pick the device up each time. Trust me on this one.

15. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

No. If you look at Apple's technical summary of how multitasking works in iOS4, you'll see that apps cannot update in the background. Thus even after they've been updated for iOS4 I still have to bring them to the front to get them to update.

I'm quite aware that apps need to be made multitasking aware to take advantage of the feature. The update has made large steps in the right direction and I'm waiting for all my apps to be updated before I try JB.

16. therocket macrumors member

still no jailbreak?!?!?!
    are 'they' waiting for the ipod touch 4th Gen to come out of something?

17. Kafluke macrumors member