iPod Touch 3g battery help!!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by daniel-shi, Nov 26, 2010.

1. daniel-shi macrumors member

Hey guys,

I got my iPod touch 3g bout 1 month before christmas last year (so i've lost the warranty).

The battery was average at the start (the best you'll get with an ipod touch 3g) and now after a year, if I charge it fully, so its at 100% in the day, i take it off charge and leave it on my desk still at 100%, it won't even last standby in the night, and im doing nothing at all on it!

I used to use my ipod heaps and now i cant even take it anywhere because the battery is really bad!!

I have also jailbroken but not anymore, so my warranty is void anyways, :( but can i change the battery without it?
    Also, is it a firmware issue, I never had this problem on 3.1.2, jailbroken 3.1.2, 3.3, 4.0, 4.0.1, or 4.1, but ive updated to 4.2??

thanks, daniel,

--------------------
    Current MacBook Pro 13",
    2.4 Ghz, 4 GB RAM
    250 GB HHD

iPod Classic 80GB.

iPod Touch 3rd Gen 32 GB.

iPad 64 GB WiFi only.

2. transmaster, Nov 26, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2010

transmaster macrumors 6502

transmaster

Yes you can change the battery out yourself but there are some snarly clips that can a problem. go here to watch how it is done.

http://www.youtube.com/digiexpress

I would suggest sending it to one of the many places that will do it for you. I plan on sending mine to Digiexpress the price of the battery is 19.99 and the flat fee for the work is 25 dollars. It is worth spending 25 dollars to have a experienced technician do the work. The flat 25 dollars also includes any diagnostic work that needs to be done. Apple charges I believe somewhere around 80 dollars just for a battery job..

Ken