ipod touch 3g can't go into dfu

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by threezero, Nov 12, 2010.

1. threezero, Nov 12, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2010

threezero macrumors 6502

I'm trying to jb my frd's ipod touch 3g. It is on official 4.1 right now. I try every single menthod with both mac and pc to get it into dfu.

I could only get it as far as having a screen that appears to be off and itunes recognzie it recovery mode.

From what i've read this is precisely what dfu mode is.

The problem is no matter what kind of firmware i try to restore it to in this mode it would say firmware no supported

any ideas???

EDIT: also pwnage tool would tell me it fail to get into DFU mode...

i have try so many times

2. BeijingiPhone macrumors newbie

Search on YouTube "dfu mode iPhone"

one of the first videos will guide you specifically on how to get into DFU mode properly

3. JbNoob macrumors newbie

Easy Peasy

If you search for a jailbreak tool for ios 4.1, like Greenp0ison or l1merain, they will give you instructions on how to enter DFU mode. If you attempt to try this yourself, be prepared to get into Recovery mode instead. Here is a direct link to the Greenp0ison website : www.greenpoison.com ( This works on Mac, Windows and Linux )

Now.... Apple allows you to downgrade your firmware for a limited time with something known as a SHSH. There is another way though ^_^
    If you have been on 3.13 firmware before, you can save your SHSH blobs with a brilliant program called TinyUmbrella. This saves your current SHSH so you can downgrade when you want. If you cannot do this, i'm out of ideas :(.

Hope I helped! :eek: