iPod Touch 3G not launching iTunes upon USB connection

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Libertine Lush, May 28, 2010.

1. Libertine Lush macrumors 6502a

This problem started after I did a reinstall of iTunes to resolve an unrelated issue. When I connect my 3G iPod Touch to my MBP, iTunes no longer launches like it use to.

I have "Open iTunes when this iPod is connected" checked in the Summary page for the iPod.

One difference I noticed before and after the iTunes reinstall though is that no longer is there an item called "iTunes helper" in my System Preferences/Accounts/Login Items list. It use to be there before the reinstall. I wonder if it's related to this issue.

Thank you for any ideas. Enjoy your weekend folks.

2. celticpride678

iTunes Helper is the process that allows this to happen. To add it back into the list of programs that launch at login, follow these steps:

Applications>iTunes>Right Click: Show Package Contents>Contents>Resources>and drag iTunesHelper.app to the list

3. Libertine Lush thread starter macrumors 6502a

I recall prior to reinstall that iTunesHelper was also check marked. Should I do that as well?

Thanks.

EDIT: Why would iTunesHelper be absent from my reinstall?

4. celticpride678

It does not matter whether it is checked or not, but it wouldn't hurt to do so.

When uninstalling iTunes, iTunesHelper is also removed.

5. Tommo299 macrumors newbie

Touch to TV problem

sorry to change the subject, but does anyone know why my TV turns itself off about 5mins after connecting my Ipod Touch to it through the Aux ? My other TV does exactly the same

6. Libertine Lush thread starter macrumors 6502a

Thanks. It doesn't matter because even without "Hide" enabled, this program already runs in the background to begin with, is that right?

But upon reinstall, shouldn't the iTunes dmg file install iTunesHelper anew?

7. canada eh macrumors regular

This could be related or not, but I am having problems with my ipod not getting recognized by iTunes for syncing. When ever I want to sync my iPod I have to re-install iTunes. This all started after a OS X re-install. The ipod will sync fine until I shut down the computer or unplug the iPod from USB.

Could this be the same kind of thing?