iPod Touch 3G: Oleophobic coating?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by belltree, Aug 11, 2009.

?

iPod Touch 3G: Oleophobic coating?

1. Yes please!

14 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. No thanks!

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. Not sure...

2 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. belltree macrumors 6502

I, personally, hope that Apple does not apply an oleophobic coating the next version of the iPod Touch which should be announced/released next month.

I personally would prefer to apply my own screen protector to the glass and not have to be concerned about the coating:

1. wearing off.
    2. getting scratched/dented.
    3. being a potential health hazard due to nano-materials. I don't want to be rubbing my fingers on nano-materials all day long.

Straight glass surface for me thanks. I don't mind the finger prints. What's your opinion?

2. Serelus macrumors 6502a

Serelus

Honestly, they are making another iPhone 3GS without the "Phone" part being added to it, it's simply apple's way of repeatedly enhancing their iPod devices.

They hold out on a lot of elements and features the device could of easily had within its first or second generation. This regardless of consumers demand.

The oleophobic coating does not wear off that fast and even if it does, its not preventing you from using a screen protector regardlessly.

Also, its not the oleophobic coating getting scratched nor dented, these are elements that should be prevented by the screen itself.

3# Is vague, and doesn't seem like a real problem at all.

I am in possession of an iPhone 3GS and it just helps you wipe of the fingerprints faster. The lipophobicity is nothing more than convenient.

Sere-

3. belltree thread starter macrumors 6502

I can't seem to find any statement either way but does the new iPod touch feature the oleophobic coating?