iPod Touch 3G Sorting Issue (Have Yet to See This Asked)

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by NicMakesNoise, Aug 21, 2012.

1. NicMakesNoise macrumors newbie

I have an iPod Touch 3G 64GB. I have my iTunes perfectly sorted and tagged. All album artist fields are filled out as well. I have all songs, albums, and bands that start with "the, and, or a" sorted to include the articles alphabetically. "The Fray" is sorted under T, "The Christmas Song" is sorted under T, "A Day to Remember is sorted under A, etc.

All the sort artist fields and sort album artist fields are filled out appropriately. I cannot figure out how to make this carry over to the iPod, so it includes the articles "the, an, and a" in the alphabetical sorting. Essentially, it seems like the iPod Touch is ignoring the sort fields completely. Am I overlooking something? I find it incredible annoying to go to F for The Fray, etc. It's just not how I lie my music organized.

Thanks so much for your help. I have tried to explain as best as I can! :)

2. mlmwalt macrumors 6502a

I believe you can adjust this when you have your iPod connected to your computer. It's been a while since I made chanes like this. I changed mine to the way you have yours now. I didn't like all the "The's" lumped together.

3. NicMakesNoise thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks. I haven't checked when it is plugged in. I know it may be a little messy to some, but it feels more comfortable to have them listed together. I'll post back with results.

4. NicMakesNoise thread starter macrumors newbie

After syncing, it has matched all my sort tags on iTunes. I had not actually gotten my iPod when I posted this topic originally, and I had heard there were issues. no issues for me with an iPod Touch 3G 64GB using the latest version of iTunes.