iPod touch 3G Wifi dropping out

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mal, Jan 31, 2011.

1. Mal macrumors 603

Mal

The Wifi on my 3G touch keeps dropping out after a few minutes of idling, even when playing Pandora or something like that that should keep the connection active. I have to go into the settings and turn the Wifi off and then back on before it will work again, or let the iPod sleep long enough that when I turn it back on, it looks for the connection again.

I'm using a fairly cheap Netgear wireless router, and I reset it completely and reconfigured it, and the problem disappeared for about two weeks, but it's back now.

I was sitting here typing this, and my iPod just now, having stopped playing Pandora because it lost the connection ~10 minutes ago, started playing again. That's really weird!

EDIT: My two computers never have any problems, and my wife's hasn't complained about her iPod doing anything like that, but she uses it a lot less, and even less often on Wifi (it's usually off for her, to save battery).

Anyone, help?!

jW

2. yawnyj macrumors member

Mine does that too. I had it replaced once while still under warranty , but the new one does it too. It started after update to 4. O, so I think that is the culprit. There are other posts on here about it. Try closing anything that is running or had run recently. Also reset your router, that seems to help, even when everything else is connectiong ok.