Ipod Touch 3g

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by soccerach18, Mar 28, 2011.

1. soccerach18, Mar 28, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2011

soccerach18 macrumors newbie

I bought my ipod touch 3g of Amazon.com last summer. It fell out of my pocket accidentally last night and the on/off button at the top broke off and now I cannot turn it on/off with the button. I have to set it to turn off automatically. My question is can I return my ipod to the apple store and get a replacement/refund? And if I cannot replace it do you know if that can be fixed? Thanks for your time!

Oh and also, since it fell out my volume button doesn't work either...

2. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Since you accidentally damaged it, you can pay for Apple to repair it instead of expecting for a refund or free replacement because you dropped it. :rolleyes: Apple can fix it, but it will probably make more economical sense to just buy a new one. Invest in a hard case next time!

3. soccerach18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I had a feeling since it is not a hardware problem it wouldn't be replaced/refunded...yes I actually have a case and I have had it on it for the longest time and it hasn't ever fell out and the one day I don't have the case on...it breaks...

4. ECUpirate44 macrumors 603

ECUpirate44

Ouch!

5. AdrianK macrumors 68020

I lol'd, of course you wont get a refund after the product was damaged due to your own carelessness. Just buy another one, it makes the most fiscal sense.

6. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

He said it was an accident. Relax bud. And getting it repaired would make the most sense actually. Instead of spending $300 for a new one.

7. soccerach18 thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah I am definitely not getting a new one. I will prob repair it.

8. iApples macrumors 65816

iApples

You should take it to an Apple store and figure out exactly what needs to be repaired and find out how much it would cost. Then figure out if you want to do it yourself or get it done from Apple.