Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

leomac08

macrumors 68020
Jul 12, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
i hope it's like the back of an iphone 3G S

one day!...... the back needs to change, from it's chrome look, and at least in white or black.:D

Attachments

• 021-ipod-touch-2g-unboxing_medium.JPG.jpeg
    021-ipod-touch-2g-unboxing_medium.JPG.jpeg
    131.5 KB · Views: 153

dark-saito

macrumors regular
Is it me or...

Does it seem Apple wants to streamline things?

I can DEFINITELY see the entire backing of the iPod touch being anodized aluminum just like the nano and the front-face of the classic.

It's a possibility... However, IF it were to happen, I doubt the colors would be black and white. Maybe the black and silver of the iPod Classic... colors? Not till later if it happens.

fernande-mac

macrumors regular
Aug 31, 2009
Midwest
The rumors say that the back will be changed to match the one from the iPhone in black or white.

Just rumors. So, satisfaction is not guaranteed and no money back. ;)

lelisa13p

macrumors 68000
Mar 6, 2009
Atlanta, GA USA
It's funny how in the iPhone forum we all want them to go back to the aluminum back and here you guys want the polycarbonate backs.

I don't think the poster sees them as the same thing. He/She is only mentioning that it seems that each forum seems to want the opposite of what they currently have (iPhone users wanting a back of aluminum while Touch users mention wanting a black/white back.) BTW, Polycarbonate is much more than drink bottles.

dark-saito

macrumors regular
I don't think the poster sees them as the same thing. He/She is only mentioning that it seems that each forum seems to want the opposite of what they currently have (iPhone users wanting a back of aluminum while Touch users mention wanting a black/white back.) BTW, Polycarbonate is much more than drink bottles.

I disagree. Most iPod touch users don't seem to want a plastic back but an anodized aluminum that won't scratch as easily...

And I understand that Polycarbonate is more than water bottles. I used the watter bottle, however, as an exaggeration. Compress/ do whatever you want with it, it will never be aluminum.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.