Ipod touch 3rd gen not powering on

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by robwarner22, Apr 25, 2011.

1. robwarner22 macrumors newbie

I've had my ipod for two years and never had ANY problems until three days ago when I unplugged it from my computer after it had finished charging and syncing. I had just downloaded new music so i turned it on to check that it all had synced properly then went to plug it into my speakers but noting happened when i hit play. I unplugged the ipod from the speakers to check the ipod but it wouldn't turn on. After trying holding down the power button and the home and power button to no avail, i plugged it back into my computer. The computer didnt recognize it and it didnt show up in my itunes and the ipod started getting really hot in the bottom left corner. I unplugged it to let it cool down, but four days later it still wont turn on and my computer (imac) isnt recognizing it. As if this wasnt bad enough, I borrowed my brothers old chromatic, and used that for a day but it too died when i tried plugging it into the same speakers. And it too isnt recognized by my computer. I now have two dead ipods because of these killer speakers:eek:...are they done for good or can they be saved with a trip to an apple store?
    BTW- neither were jailbroken