iPod Touch 3rd gen or not?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by P140897, Sep 9, 2009.

1. P140897 macrumors member

Ok so I have a 8gb 1st gen ipod touch

And I waited without getting the 2g for the new one

My 8gb is full and now i wanted to get a 32gb 3rd gen but, with no camera and no mic im not sure whether to get it or not

I'd really like you to put in your thoughts of wat you'd do

2. marioman38 macrumors 6502a

marioman38

If its full, go for it. Otherwise your choices are 16GB iPod Nano, or waiting another year... :/

You're in the same boat as me.

I'm unsure weather to wait for the possibility of a 16GB $199 iTouch or Camera enabled touch, or just go for the sweet looking 5g Nano, with the FM Tuner, Pause, Rewind radio, iTunes taging, etc.

3. pakkman781 macrumors newbie

I'd say wait, unless space is a really pressing issue for you. I fill up my 16GB 1st gen too, but I don't consume even a quarter of that much media on my iPod per day.

4. McBeats macrumors 6502a

they do get a mic in the headset...

i still think its worth it; its more powerful than the 1st gen... i messed with a 3gs back to back with a 1st gen touch and it was definitely noticable.

for space issues, 32 will help a lot, finally surpasses the ever-so-great 5th gen ipod video. but if some of the music is being listened next to a wifi hot spot then u can use 'simplify media' to stream your songs from your comp at home (if u got a desktop thats on all the time hehehe :) )

but yeah, id say its really up to if u got the extra cash for it and u need the speed bump.

5. P140897 thread starter macrumors member

thanks for the quick answers, I think I'll wait and see, i heard people saying that probs apple is going to release a camera one soon since maybe it was an issue of the camera

6. Resplendent macrumors member