ipod touch 3rd gen specific release date speculation

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by blusterballs, Jun 1, 2009.

1. blusterballs macrumors newbie

As a future post secondary student, I am applicable for a $259 rebate towards the purchase of an ipod touch with the purchase of a Mac. This offer is valid only until September 8, 2009. The 2nd gen ipod touch was released on September 9, 2008 according to the Buyer's Guide section. So I would assume that that the ipod touch 3rd gen and the new nano would be released on the 9th after this rebate has expired. Is this a fair assumption from Apple's ordinary business practice or is there a possibility that it may be released sooner.
    Comments?

2. jmann macrumors 604

jmann

bump on a log in a hole in the bottom of the sea
    That is typically what the Back-to-School promotion is for, it clears out old stock, and makes room for the new stuff. :) Sorry, it will probably follow the same pattern as last year. Even if they did release it sooner it probably wouldn't be eligible.

3. Ivan P macrumors 68030

Ivan P

They'll be released on either the first or second Tuesday of September. That's when the major iPod refresh has been for many years. Looking at the calendar, I'd say it'll be September 8. It's a Tuesday (which is pretty much the only day that Apple holds their special keynotes), and it's the closest date to last year's iPod refresh.

As jmann said, the Back to School promotion is pretty much only done for the sake of clearing old stock.

4. d1nerladyman macrumors newbie

i touch with camera ?

whats the probability that th i pod touch will have a camera after the next refresh?
    i think it is in september sometime?
    :)

5. metalhead777 macrumors regular

I'd say never. Maybe a crappy 3/4mp camera, but that's all there'll ever be. If you want a camera, buy an iPhone! :D :apple:

6. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

7. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

I was just about to say that. It's the 4th gen that will be coming out next.

8. metalhead777 macrumors regular

That is correct. :D :apple:

9. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

Look at the date of the original post. That's why I edited my post to say something different... hoping not to look like the guy who doesn't pay attention to post dates. But, alas, I got caught!