iPod Touch 4: Anyone try iOS 6 yet?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by rhino89, Sep 19, 2012.

1. rhino89 macrumors regular

I have an iPod Touch that I'm thinking of updating to iOS 6 since the current iOS 5 is so laggy, slow, and unbearable on it. Anyone try iOS 6 yet? Is it faster? more responsive? or just as "heavy" on the iPod as iOS 5? I searched the threads and didn't find a topic on this.

2. easy4lif macrumors regular

easy4lif

3. TheAppleTech macrumors newbie

I have tested iOS6 on every iDevice even the new iPhone 5 that doesnt release untill sep. 21 and i noticed really bad bugs.. On the iPhone 3GS, iPhone 4, iPhone 4S, iPhone 5 it doesnt take that much memory... It takes 112KB for iPhones and it takes 235KB for all iPods.. It takes 500KB for the iPad cause it is much bigger and have alot of more of parts than the iPhone or the Ipod.... Still dont know why uit takes more for the iPod...

4. Blackened macrumors regular

yes, everything is noticeably peppier on ipod touch 4 with ios 6.. big improvement

5. iParis macrumors 68040

iParis

I take it you have no idea what you're talking about because I'd be really, really happen if iOS 6 only took up 112KB of ram on my iPhone 5.

6. Capex macrumors regular

I've lost wifi. See the thread currently at the top of the board.

7. rhino89 thread starter macrumors regular

Since that was resolved, any other feedback about performance over iOS 5? I know that the update doesn't come with too many new features for the touch, but I was just looking for a speed enhancement.

8. Cavity macrumors newbie

iOS 6 for my iPod Touch is smooth and sleek, nothing wrong, no lag at all so far. Hope this helps! (Y)

9. Capex macrumors regular

I don't know if it's just a psychological thing, but I noticed a small speed gain. It is slightly more responsive, and to me it seems like it goes home faster. I notice things being, for lack of a better word, more snappy.