iPod touch iPod Touch 4 Camera Rumor

lynkynpark86

macrumors 6502
Original poster
I recently got a new MacBook and started syncing my ipod touch to my new computer. When syncing it, it said something along the lines of: "Would you like to delete photos on 'My iPod Touch', or transfer them to iTunes? Photos taken with this iPod (the Camera Roll) will not be changed."

They could use the same message for both devices, with "iPhone" substituted for "iPod Touch" on iPhones. But if the iPod touch doesn't and won't have a camera, why go to the trouble of using the same message if they could use a different message for iPods?

Biker

macrumors regular
Jun 9, 2010

you may like this too......................
when you use the photoshop app it saves the pictures in the same location on the iOS as the iphone when you actually take a picture.
i dont think there's nothing interesting...

MaxMike

macrumors 6502
Dec 6, 2009
I think it reads as a camera because the Pictures folder on the iPod touch is the same as a camera (Folder -> DCIM -> Files)

SoraLimit

macrumors regular
Jul 10, 2010
I think it reads as a camera because the Pictures folder on the iPod touch is the same as a camera (Folder -> DCIM -> Files)
^This, and the fact that iOS was mainly for the iPhone, which obviously has a camera. Remnants of the iPhone version may still be in the iPod touch version.

v3allen

macrumors newbie
Jul 30, 2010
I think apple realizes that if they want to sell ipods...they gotta give us a camera.

I gotta go, bye guys (and ladies :rolleyes: )

flytrumpet

macrumors member
Jul 9, 2010
I think apple realizes that if they want to sell ipods...they gotta give us a camera.

I gotta go, bye guys (and ladies :rolleyes: )
If you read this article http://theappleblog.com/2010/01/28/ipod-touch-now-outselling-iphone/

You will realise that Apple doesn't have to give us anything to sell Ipods...They will give us whatever they want....and they know we'll buy it...That's what makes Apple the biggest.They don't care about us as individuals,they know that as a group,we will buy their stuff,no matter what it is.

Steve Jobs is one smart guy that's for sure.

Speculation is fun,but I guess we will have to wait and see :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.