iPod Touch 4 crashing?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cyber86, Sep 8, 2010.

1. Cyber86 macrumors newbie

So I was thrilled beyond words when my new iPod Touch arrived via FedEx this morning. However, I am NOT so thrilled that it seems to crash on a regular basis. First thing I tried was firing up Safari in order to check out the display quality. Went to the apple website, zoomed in, and...crash. Back to the home screen. Well, I quickly moved on to downloading Epic Citadel to check out as I've only been able to play with it on my iPad thus far. Well, guess what? Same deal once you get to the start screen: it crashes. I've restarted the iPod eight or so times now (power down and hard reboot), all to no avail. Safari still crashes when zooming, and Epic Citadel still won't get past the intro video. Anyone else having issues with their new iPod, or did I just end up unlucky? :confused: (although, other than this issue, I have to admit that I absolutely LOVE it!)

Thanks all!

2. cRuNcHiE macrumors 6502a

Maybe you have a duff one, it happens. Restore it and try again?

I would imagine a good stress test/ storage integrity test would be to record a LONG 720P video and see what happens?

Otherwise send it back to apple.

3. Cyber86 thread starter macrumors newbie

Agreed; the testing will begin in earnest once I get home from work! More than likely it'll end up being fine, but was just wondering if anyone else had experienced anything similar...guess I'll just keep watching the forums!