iPod Touch 4 doesn't resume?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MrXiro, Dec 26, 2010.

1. MrXiro macrumors 68040

MrXiro

I don't know if anyone else is having this problem... not even exactly sure if it's started with 4.2 or before that. But I noticed the other day that my iPod Touch does not resume after I change songs even when it is set to in iTunes.

My previous 1st Gen iPod Touch and other iPods would resume the track at the point I left off at if I go to another track and come back to it (when the box for "Remember Playback Position" is checked on that song within iTunes' Get Info>Options tabs). It's mostly kind of annoying when I want to listen to Audio Books or recorded radio shows and switch to a song and come back to the track.

Does anyone have this issue? I haven't seen anything posted on these forums nor on a google search.

2. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

3. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Really nobody else at all? Ok... I might have to take this to the apple store.

4. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

Why am I the only person that has this problem? I noticed it happens with my iPad as well.

5. nigameash macrumors 6502

I dont think it works for songs. I have seen that option for music videos and movies only.

6. MrXiro thread starter macrumors 68040

MrXiro

It's worked on every iPod I've ever owned(iPod 5 Video, iPod Mini Gen2, iPod Nano 1st Gen and iPod Touch 1st Gen)... It also still works on downloaded Podcasts... but not if I change my track to a "Podcast" within iTunes. Ever since 4.2 it's stopped working... I've even double checked on my iPod 5 Video... it still resumes where I left off on my Howard Stern radio show from 7 months ago... even if I go to multiple songs and go back to it.