Ipod Touch 4 Question Before Purchase ?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iphonetoday, Apr 17, 2011.

1. iphonetoday macrumors regular

what OS for ipod touch 4 i will get if i buying today ?

i heard many user said drain battery for os 4.3
    will ipod touch 4 have any issue on that ?

thanks .....

2. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

I have a 32gig Touch 4g, with OS 4.3.2 and have NO battery issues.

Don't believe everything you read.

3. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

really ... thanks

i though that every time apple update new OS improving more feature which is mean more stuff in system , battery will drain more ,

4. likethesoup2 macrumors 6502a

A lot depends on what you're going to use it for; I use mine in my car, and I listen to it during the day when I'm cooking (I'm a personal chef), and I check email etc . . . and it gets me through the day just fine. Once in a while I've had to charge during the day, but that was REALLY heavy usage. And so long as you don't let it die, it charges pretty quickly.

One other note: make sure to read on the Apple site about taking care of/prolonging the battery life.

The Touch 4g is a fantastic device, I can't imagine you not loving it.

5. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Just buy it and be happy using it. My battery life has remained the same, although I have an iPhone 4. My friends who own iPod touch 4Gs have had zero problems. Most if not all of the methods used to test battery life in these forums are not scientific and based on constants that well, aren't constant. It's mostly just feeling and there are very few control samples.

As for "pro-longing" battery life, there is no such thing. Don't baby it or bother draining it completely before recharging it or anything. Lithium ion battery technology has improved a lot since the time when those methods were considered non-negligble. Be sure to regularly use the battery but don't go out of your way for it.

6. caspersoong macrumors 6502a

I think battery life is more realistic in iOS 4.3.2. Before, it said 100 percent when it was less than 90 percent. Therefore, battery life seems to be shorter. Not sure whether it is or not.

7. iphonetoday thread starter macrumors regular

that suck ...
    sound like 4.2 still better battery usage than 4.3

thanks all ......

8. oliversl macrumors 65816

the retina display of the touch 4g is amazing, can't go back to touch 3g. The battery works just fine. When you see the red battery just put in airplane mode for a few minutes and it will go back to green.

The iPod is really thin, you should buy a case.

I recommend it, HTH

Oliver

9. macingman macrumors 68020

macingman

Or maybe plug it into the charger :rolleyes: