iPod Touch 4 refurbished... availability

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by BookMan1979, Aug 24, 2011.

1. BookMan1979 macrumors newbie

Apple can't answer this (makes sense) but maybe someone else out there knows more than I do.

1.) What I'd like to know is how much longer the iPod Touch 4 will be popping up in the refurbished section of their website. They are still selling it "new", so I see it happening for at least a little while longer. The thing is, I am not sure if that will be too late for me (long story.)

2.) When the iPod Touch 5 comes out, how long do you think it'll take before one appears in the refurbished section of their website?

2. ascendedoshen macrumors member

Refurbs

Depends on how many Gbs your looking for, but as soon as iPdT 5 is released you'll find many for sale on ebay, craigslist etc. I'm sure some will make it to Apple store. I have a 64Gb that was just replaced under warrenty so it's almost new and i'll be selling it as soon as new one is available. Good luck:)

3. Slix macrumors 6502a

Slix

Quite a while after the 5th gen comes out, I would think. They usually have refurbs of the previous gen at least 6 months after the new model comes out.

4. jonrando macrumors 6502a

Guys, they already sell iPod touch 4th gen refurbs, I posted links to them....

5. Funkbefgh macrumors newbie

he is asking when we think they will be pulled/sold out. we know they are for sale.

BookMan: it's really hard to say, i believe that's more based on supply and demand than anything. i would expect to see them for sale for a good while.. as for #2, I know in the case of the 4th gen they didn't go up for sale as refurbs even 6 months after the model was released, so if you want one you're probably better off ponying up the cash at launch.