iPod Touch 4 turns on differently than others

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Shift Option K, Nov 26, 2013.

1. Shift Option K macrumors regular

Shift Option K

Now, this iPod isn't fake, it has working iCloud, App Store, iTunes, gets recognized by my Mac, and has gotten update to iOS 6.1.5.

However, unlike other iPod Touch 4, and other iOS devices such as my iPhone 4S (although that could be because my iPhone runs iOS 7?) mine turns on when you click the power button as if you were unlocking it, but THIS IS WHEN IT'S OFF. Aren't you supposed to HOLD it for a few seconds to turn it on BECAUSE I DO NOT NEED TO DO THAT. Is this a defect? I use this iPod as just a music player for my large music library.

It's not stolen, bought it new and sealed form a Staples which received it as overstock from the Apple Store across the street (this was after the 16gb strip-down model of the 5 came out).

Why is it doing this? I would take it to the Apple store but I Want to see if anything can be done about this on a Mac. Still under the original 1 year Applecare as well as Staples EasyCare.

2. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

3. TC400 macrumors 6502a

TC400

Try factory restoring it and if it still gives you issues take it right to apple.

4. Buddygor macrumors regular

My 4th gen touch does the same exact thing- no holding, just click the button (unlike my iPad 2)

It might be something to do with the A4 chip- iOS might be different on that than the A5/X and above

5. aPple nErd macrumors 68030

aPple nErd

yeah, this is a common iPod touch 4g "glitch" although its a nice glitch :)

6. Shift Option K thread starter macrumors regular

Shift Option K

Reset it many times already

Reset only because i accidentally pull form mac without injecting it but no help. do i really need to take to :apple: store? because it happen to others too!

7. Pakaku macrumors 68000

Pakaku

If it's not problematic, I don't see why you'd need to take it in. Is a faster boot-up time a problem now?

8. Shift Option K thread starter macrumors regular

Shift Option K