iPod touch iPod Touch 4G 32GB gone to hell

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by Huxtable Prime, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Huxtable Prime macrumors newbie

So the other day I received a Touch iPod 4G. I used redsn0w to unlock it (tethered unlock) on the 5.0.1 firmware. Everything was fine, jailbreak worked and all. I decided that I didn't want to deal with a tethered unlock so I went to restore it to factory, There is no important information on it, so I was content clean wiping it. When I boot it normally, it gets stuck on the apple logo and wont boot. iTunes also won't recognize that it is plugged in. I put it in restore mode and DFU mode (at different times) and iTunes then recognized it, but not as my iPod's name, but just as "iPod". I kept getting errors varying between 1600-1604 when trying to restore it via iTunes. So I boot tethered it and it turns on and works normally. I then plugged it into iTunes while it was on boot tether and tried to restore it then. It recognized the iPod as mine. I then went to restore it and I got error 21. error 21 is something with your antivirus, so I uninstalled my Norton Antivirus yet I still got the same 21 error. I then used the "Erase All Content And Settings" option out of a last resort, so to speak. It has been giving me that spinning white wheel for about 15 hours now. Did I do something wrong, or did I miss an obvious step in restoration? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks.

2. Ultimates macrumors newbie

Ultimates

Well, now that the untethered iOS5 jailbreak has bee released, I'd give that a try.

3. dalzmc macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.80 (iPhone; Opera Mini/6.5.1.23995/26.1305; U; en) Presto/2.8.119 Version/10.54)

The errors are happening because of it contacting apples servers wrong/USB I think. so follow the directions (google) to restore it to 4.3.3 an then update it to 5.0.1, I had the same problem. because in there, you change your iTunes settings to communicate with Saurik's server.